Coonawarra is a vibrant little country community, every year it hosts a handful of diverse events including:
- Coonawarra Cup brings the picturesque Penola racecourse to life on the second Thursday in January, with the ROAK hosting the unofficial after-party
- Penola Coonawarra Arts Festival is the perfect time to unearth your purple felt hat and explore your artistic side
- Coonawarra Cellar Dwellars, the month of July is when the local wineries dig into their cellars for some tasty aged cabernets
- Coonawarra Cabernet Celebrations extend through October, when we celebrate spring and the new season’s growth in the paddocks and vines
- Penola Show, the quintessential country show with champion cows, sheep, horses, fireworks, fairy floss and the $1000 grand champion rose. But the most hotly contested category; the Men’s Chocolate Cake Challenge!
Here you will find up to date information on events in Coonawarra.